From:
Snowlight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 20:13:38 -0600
From: "Zoe" <[log in to unmask]>
But I am planning to start on Monday and this week
> I have been drinking caffeine, eating sugar and other carbs like
> crazy - don't seem to be able to stop. So I do anticipate some
> serious withdrawal symptoms.
------------------------
Are you doing the "last supper" syndrome?  A word of wisdom --- There is no
such thing as perfection in eating.   Not only will you go through an even
heavier withdrawal from the extra overloading of carbs and chemicals, but
you will get caught in your own trap of "once I start I will be doing it
perfectly".  That's diet mentality.  NeanderThin never promoted that sort of
thinking.

For me, NeanderThin's philosophy took time to adjust to and adapt as a
permanent lifestyle.....and I am still learning.  I still research, adjust
the foods, take the time to experiment with possible intolerance's and work
my way into a world of rich and tasty food that the majority of my friends
and family do not participate in.  I am often wearily defending or
explaining my food choices when everyone else is eating pizza and donuts.

So read the book, take a deep breath and ease into it.  It's not a
restrictive diet by any means......you won't be hungry after your body is
done with the heavy carb load you have given it.  Start out by eating lots
of fresh meat and fresh vegetables (and start at your next meal...Monday is
elusive).   Don't be afraid to eat the foods mankind was meant to eat.  Be
very afraid of Twinkies!

Snowlight