Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 08:41:39 -0700
I live in an area filled with wild boar , I have heard that the fish and
game dept shoots them as pests.

The problem is access to them.  I have heard that there is no hunting on
public land except for fish and game dept and the access to private land is
costly.

It costs 475 to have the chance at shooting a wild boar but no guarantee.

Large private landholders can make quite a bit of money by selling access to
their land.

The few hunters I know keep and eat their wild boar with the exception of
one kind family who gives me theirs and  is trying to help me get more by
using their connections to hunt on someone else's land...

Does anyone know much about wild boar??

BTW, can they be raised in captivity, just wondering.

I don't mind paying for the meat but 475 is a lot to pay up front when you
don't even know if you will get one. Some hunters don't mind paying it as
they are doing it for fun, but I need to get wild meat.

How would I find a hunting club?