From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jan 2006 13:49:05 +0000
On Jan 06, 2006, at 9:07 pm, Debby Padilla-Hudson wrote:

> --- Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> See I've suspected this too on my favourite
>> principle of "if we
>> evolved like this we'd have died out by now".  I
>
> YES!  Survival of the fittest does not exist anymore,
> so bad genes are being passed on instead of people
> just dealing with death naturally.

This very obvious, simple, don't-look-at-it-too-long-or-you-will-go-
blind fact seems to evade the whole of western medicine.  Why the
medical beast hasn't stopped and thought "hang on, how did we get to
be the dominant species if our whole evolutionary life we were the
sickest and weakest animals on the planet?" still baffles me.  Maybe
we've been conditioned into believing sickness is normal.  I suppose
previously the prevailing theory would have been that it was
punishment from [insert relevant deity here].

I brought this up once to womain I worked with, and explained how
much disease diet causes and she said "that can't be right or we'd
all be sick all the time."  Ironically at the time, the woman who sat
opposite was off with a recurrent random nose-bleed but people don't
consider that unusual.  I can't see how paleo will take off
mainstream because Atkins offers most of the weight loss benefits,
and people are so blind about the state of our health they don't even
see the NEED for improvement.

Ashley