From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2009 11:55:27 -0600
On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 11:29:10 -0600, <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Robert > A longer fast
> doesn't seem to have any significant impact on my blood glucose level
> either -- it's the same whether I ate six hours ago or 36 hours ago.
>
> What do you consider a long fast?  IIRC, it takes at least three days to
> use up stored glucose reserves.

36 hours seems long enough.  I wasn't trying to empty all stored glucose
(glycogen?) reserves, just make sure that there weren't any remnants of my
last meal still floating around my bloodstream.  If my body is pulling
glucose from its own stores, then wouldn't that be an indication that
whatever reading I get is "normal" for my body, since it's putting itself
at that level by depleting stored reserves?

--
   Robert Kesterson