From:
Phosphor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 13:46:19 +0300
  > > i see no suggestion here that early man lived entirely on plant foods,
which
> > is what Amadeus consistently proposes as feasible.
>
> Amadeus has never proposed the thesis that early man lived
> entirely on plant foods.  Never.

We should then ask the reverse: why has every culture eaten liberally of
meats of all kinds when they are available? Could it be they knew somethign
about how to stay healthy in a hostile environment?

> > Indeeed he has. he has no anthropogical or ethnological support for a
purely
> > vegetarian diet.
>
> Once again, he doesn't claim such support, and he is as familiar
> with the literature as anyone on this list.

Why then does he persist in idiotic arguments such as kangaroo killing
fields, the so-called scarcity of shellfish on beaches and difficulty of
catching fish, all decisively refuted, yet he refuses to acknowledge.

but I'll say this: He is no
> fool.

he is a cretin. Someone who seriously mounts the kangaroo killing fields
argument can only be called this.

> > > yes agreed.  I see the Kitavan diet has 10% fish and 20% coconut, rich
in
> > saturated fats.  Not remotely the diet Amadeus is proposing.
>
> That's true, but you made a *general* claim, that *any* diet high
> in carbs promotes insulin resistance.  The Kitavan diet appears
> to refute that claim.

that's true, so it looks as though i'm wrong here.  is there any line of
thought exactly why the Kitavan diet works?  Also, does it work long term?
[for caucasians].

> And John Harvey Kellogg, quack vegetarian extraordinaire, died at
> age 91.  Vegan G. B. Shaw died at 97.  Go figure.

They were both lunatics long befoe they died. Including Hitler, that's 3 mad
and famous vegetarians.

Andrew