Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 08:29:24 -0800
As someone who has suffered from gall stones, just
thought I would throw my inflated 2 cents worth in.
While I agree that it is a good idea to get second or
even third opinions and explore all options
(traditional and non-traditional medicine) before
making an informed decision, that is not always easy
when you are suffering from the ***extreme*** pain of
an attack.  The pain of these attacks makes
childbirthh look like a walk in the park.  It made me
wish I was dead or at least pass out from the pain.
Add to that the fact that even though I was careful
about what I ate, I could experience an attack at any
time made me run to the surgeon to have it removed.  I
don't know, even today, if I would give alternative
therapies a chance to work, or hope that I would pass
the stone (still very painful) while I waited for
years for these to work.  It is up to each of us to
decide what is best for us, what we can tolerate.
Jane
(picking up my soapbox now   ;-)

=====