From:
Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 01:25:36 -0500
Gala,
With regard to supplements, I can offer you one opinion based on experience
and logic. It seems to me that given today's dietary and nutritional
circumstances, there are instances where supplementation is the only
feasible, economic or safe way of ensuring good nutrition. Also, the need
for supplements will vary greatly from one person to the next. Probably the
best way to determine whether you can benefit from supplements is to undergo
hair, blood and other tests for defecincies or toxicity, under the
supervision of an experienced practitioner.
Certainly one thing is true: it would be extremely difficult for the average
person (if at all possible) to be able duplicate the estimated diet of our
ancestors through food alone. There are some resources which are just not
available to us. The judicious use of supplements can compensate for that
fact.
Stacie