From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 19:36:13 -0500
Helen:
>>Anna is very correct with her rapid (rabid?) reply. Too many
>>unsuspecting souls are taken in by the Dr. Bernarrs of the world and
>>I suspect you're one of them.

Dave Karas:
>I don't think that I have been taken in. I have seen other who have
>done well with his treatment as well as myself.  He has a wonderful
>gentle touch that allows pain to go away. He is a very SANE,
>inteligent man.

I do not care if Bernarr can walk on water and if he has a direct line
to the man above. ;) His alleged sanity or competency as a practitioner
is not the issue here. His claims on this list about the safety of eating
animal foods raw are.

I agree with those who have found his sweeping statements on this
issue irresponsible and reckless and I find it very unfortunate, Dave,
when as listowner you are throwing around your weight trying to protect
and defend this man.  When Zephyr was close to dying from eating the raw
liver of a mongoose, Bernarr advised him to go on a long water fast and
spend all his waking hours lying down with his eyes closed meditating on
his trichinosis.  If Zephyr had followed Bernarr's advice and decided not
to take antibiotics, he would surely not have been with us today.

Let us not forget that regardless of his virtues, Bernarr is a dedicated
raw vegan and staunch natural hygenist who is on this list for one reason
only, namely to get new clients.  That he supposedly now is letting some of
his clients eat some raw animal foods does not change the fact that he has
no interest whatsoever in Paleolithic nutrition  - a topic of which he knows
virtually nothing at all.

Peter