From:
Matt Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 May 2002 12:03:56 -0500
From: "Phosphor" <[log in to unmask]>>
> try raw milk and see the
> difference. most caucasians can take it without too many apparent
problems,
> since they have ben doing it for several thousand years.

In my otherwise strictly paleo diet of the last month the only two things I
have not eliminated have been the small amount of dairy I put in my daily
coffee.  I feel really compromised about the dairy issue since I have never
had any problems with it that I can detect.  Other dairy I can take or
leave, and have had no problem leaving, but coffee or black tea just isn't
the same without a white splash.

But raw milk?  Oh, dear, methinks.  Maybe dairy herds are more strictly
regulated in OZ and I wouldn't have the same concerns, but I at least like
to think that pasteurization cures or kills some of the ills of the industry
and herds.  Milk is not allowed to have antibiotic residues so is pulled
when, say, a cow gets and is treated for mastitis.  Chunky, bloody milk is
pretty obvious to a consumer  BUT there are several other diseases/chronic
conditions cows get for which there is no antibiotic treatment, and the milk
is *believed* not to be harmful to humans so gets distributed in the
commercial supply.  Leukemia and anaplasmosis are the only ones that come to
the forefront of mind just now, but I know there are several other diseases
too.  I don't know if pasteurization has a positive effect on anything other
than my mind.  I sort of hope so.

Theola