From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2006 11:05:34 -0600
On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 10:45:06 -0600, William <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> There's an M.D. in one of the Baltic states who is supposed to have
> cured all common appendicitis by water fasting, and 85% of acute
> appendicitis by the same method. Old-fashioned medicine commonly
> recommended bed rest and plenty of liquids, and in those days cancer and
> heart disease were almost unknown. Maybe this is too obvious for us.

"In those days" they didn't have an industrialized food supply.  The body
is indeed capable of healing itself from all kinds of things, but there
are limits.  Even paleo man didn't live forever.

>> Sorry, this is getting off topic really fast.
>
> Disagree; reason is that support for paleodiet is the condition of
> paleoman's bones - no signs of disease. Just suppose they were wise
> enough to use Dr. Bernarr's method, they could have acquired a disease
> and healed it so completely that it left no marks on the bones.

Just suppose every tribe had a shaman with a magic stick that he would
wave three times over a sick person and heal them so completely that it
left no trace.  Yes, that's absurd, but the point is there is no more
evidence to disprove this theory than there is the other one.

> This could give us hope that our diet really works in spite of the poor
> quality food we (I) must eat.

Who says we must eat poor quality food?

--
   Robert Kesterson