From:
JoAnn Betten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jun 1998 09:16:58 -0400
> To speculate: if the diet makes extensive use of saturated fat, and
saturated fat >increases insulin resistance, and ketones also stimulate
insulin release, then insulin >levels could become elevated, pushing blood
glucose levels *way* down.
>I have experienced some symptoms of increased adrenal activity
>while on a ketogenic diet recently, such as hot flashes and
>palpitations.

Todd, as always, i am in awe of how smart you are!
i occasionally get these exact feelings, usually when i have been going for
awhile on nothing but red meat and water.  it's sort of a dizzy feeling,
along with palpitations and breathlessness.  i've realized that this means i
need to get some fruit into me, but i hadn't understood the mechanism behind
it all, until your explanation.
Thanks,
JoAnn.