From:
Ron Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2013 08:43:12 -0700
I will bet my next paycheck that all those family members ate bread, sugar
and sweet drinks.
The link between excess fructose and Alzheimer's is much stronger than
anything else.

Almost the whole planet eats meat, There is some other factor than meat,
-David

[Ron] According to some private emails I have exchanged with a prominent
neurological researcher, the current trend among his colleagues is toward
seeing many types of dementia as type "3" diabetes. That is, where the brain
cells become insulin resistant. Given the extensive research on
atherosclerotic plaques that suggests a role for insulin in the formation
and expansion of these plaques, these researchers may well be on the right
track.

If Dr. Neal Barnard was even close to correct, we should have seen rampant
dementia among middle-aged and elderly Inuit, Massai, and American Plains
Natives. I am not aware of any such observations. Stefansson repeatedly
stated that even the elderly Inuit were active and healthy.

David, I think you'd win your bet.

Best Wishes,
Ron