From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 17:01:40 -0400
On Fri, 29 Sep 2000 07:26:41 EDT, S. Feldman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> http://bmj.com/cgi/content/full/321/7264/786"
> 100 g of >the institute's variety will provide a day's requirements of
> beta carotene, as well as vitamins B and C and iron.

Sweetpotatoes taste fine - also raw. Nice tip from Jean-Claude.
And they have nothing to do with "potatoes". Non solanin.

Even normal varieties have 660 ug in 100g
(while Karrots have 1800 ug about 3-fold).

800 ug beeing the recommendation.
Just normal sweetpotatoes already have it in 100g.

I suppose the contents in my program are scaled from beta-carotene
(which is
found in these plants) to real vitamin A.

Btw: what i found in Erasmus' book. Beta-carotene is made of two
"real" vitamin A molekules tail-tied together.
I must be converted to vitamin A to become vitamin active, but *this*
process could be assumed to be fairly easy.
Beta-carotene has additional advantages as an antioxidant and for the
bodies ability to limit its uptake to avoid vitamin A toxicity.

cheers

Amadeus