Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 09:02:57 -0400
---
Don and Rachel Matesz <[log in to unmask]>

ardeith l carter <[log in to unmask]> said:
>>And I'll never forget James Herriot's description of pouring
table sugar over a cow's protruded uterus to make it shrink
down enough to push it back where it belonged........

Here's my two cents worth:

Cayenne pepper powder makes an excellent first aid remedy for scrapes, cuts,
and many other wounds (except those close to mucous membranes!!!!).

One friend absent mindedly put a sharp knife into a sink full of soapy water
(a big no-no I always caution people against doing).  She reached in and
FOUND the knife---good thing it was steak knife and not one of the cleavers
she has.  Anyway, she poured cayenee on the wound and it stopped the
bleeding, healed up very nicely and quickly.  (I found this out because I
was working with her in her juice bar and noticed where she was leaving
knifes.  I made some safe suggestions and then she said she knew I was
right.  She showed me her finger and told me how she'd cut it.  She would
have needed stitches had she not poured cayenne over the wound.

Another friend helped someone put cayenne on a very deep incision-wound and
by the time they got the lady to the hospital, the bleeding had stopped and
the ER docs were amazed that they'd been able to do that without heavy
bandages or a tourniquet.

I rarely cut myself, but on one occcasion when I did cut my finger and it
was bleeding a lot, I immediately poured cayenne on it, bandaged it and it
checked the bleeding and healed amazingly fast.

Rachel