From:
shirley sommers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2007 11:56:52 -0800
This  conversation made me think of the "ORIGINAL" Dr. Adkins diet from the early 60's if I remember correctly.
   Sadly, I no longer have the book and can not find reference to it anywhere, only the faux Adkins plan.

  In his book of many suggested diet plans the most popular was called  The High Protein- Low Fat -NO Carbohydrate  diet.  THis is the one that made him famous not the current Adkins diet  being pushed by Corporate America which sets you up  for failure so you go out and buy all the crapola supplements , foods and goodies they are selling to make even more money.
  The original diet  never even thought of mass marketing 'unnatural and unhealthy diet junk'.

  DR ADKINS  [ 6 ] High Protein- Low Fat -NO Carbohydrate RULES were so simple...............

  Never let any carbs pass your lips !
  Bake , broil or boil .... NO Frying !
  Drink plenty of water to flush the waste from the fat burning process !
  If you feel light headed ,he said to have    half of an orange  or a couple ounces of OJ .
  Take 2 therapeutic One A Day vitamins daily.
  Take a nap.
  Pretty simple huh ?

  I loved every minute . After the first 3 days  of getting my system to switch to burning fat for fuel it was clear sailing.

  Just my 2 cents worth.

  Cheers form here,
  ~Shirley

  P. S. The second most popular plan he had was High Protein, No Carbohydrates. High Fat .

[log in to unmask] wrote:
  Has anyone noticed an increase in vertigo/dizziness in addition to the nausea?

thanks.

elaine
firestone, co