From:
Donovan Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2012 10:19:41 -0600
I struggle with this one.  We're all offended because we all agree with
him.  But, what about the person with no formal qualifications who
convincingly advocates a Coca-Cola & potato diet?  Should he be allowed to
offer this advice?  Should he have to produce research supporting what he's
saying?  Who evaluates that research?

There are good reasons for restrict who can run electricity through your
house or design bridges.  How is this different?

I don't know what the solution is, but I do think he's crossing a line when
he starts making recommendations to other people rather than limiting
himself to "This is what works for me."

Donovan