From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 07:11:56 -0500
On Sun, 31 Oct 1999, Philip Thrift wrote:

> Could this be the case for people that say they aren't getting
> the results they expect on "this diet" whether they
> exercise or not: the proportions of "non-meat" foods
> (vegies, fruits) they eat is too high relative
> to the meats?

Not in my case, at least.  Although I have varied the diet over
the years, the one thing that has marked it is a rather high
proportion of meats and fats to plant foods, compared to the
Zone, which I was on previously.  In 2.5 years I have not lost
any significant amount of fat on Neanderthin, unless I have
restricted calories.  In fact, until recently my body fat was
starting to creep back up, according to my log.  And despite my
philosophical disputations here and occasional lapses, my version
of Neanderthin is at the strict end of the spectrum.

I have no complaints about the way I feel, and other health
issues such as gum inflammation have definitely improved.  But as
a cure for obesity Neanderthin has not been a success.  My
exercise patterns have not changed that much.

Todd Moody