Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2008 11:53:58 -0500
Gale wrote:
> I find it very interesting.
>
>   It seems to me the point is to find the best diet for yourself, and this will, primarily, be based upon your genes acting in relationship with your environment, which in turn depend upon your ancestors' genes and environments and so on... backwards in time.
>
>  Somehow those animals that would become human found a way to get meat.  (There is also a cooking theory - allowing humans to get more protein from meat - scavenged or hunted).

Hypothesis, not theory. Physical survival for a mere 90 years or so is a
so what, look at the mental and emotional survival - not good. Man is
not the same as human.

>   Whatever happened, something happened and it triggered a positive feedback - i.e. meat eating led to larger brains led to better hunting led to more meat eating.
>
>   I think there are other points on the time scale we could look at.  Some of the healthiest people of all time have lived in the 20th and are living in the 21st Centuries.

Tall, yes, but look at the hundreds of millions dead of war. Not a sign
of mental health.

>  Why?    Why not consider the Scandinavian diet pre WW1?  Some of the healthies people on the planet - at least as far as we know - would suggest a diet heavily reliant upon coldwater fish and dairy.

And rye bread, possibly 100%. Does anyone know?

>   One thing I think I know:  We are in a negative feedback loop right now as far as diet is concerned.  Somehow, we managed to efff it all up.   We efffed up the food.   We created bad food.  And maybe we had to eat more and more of it all the time, because it became worse and worse all the time.

We?  It looks like man eats fodder, humans eat food.

William