From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 13:26:26 -0700
> In the context of the whole universe man is neither
> perfect nor
> imperfect. He is inconsequential and insignificant.
> No matter what he
> does, it makes little difference to the universe.

Bravo! Does anyone remember the "Cosmos" PBS show
hosted by Carl Sagan. In (I believe) the first episode
he revealed a 12 month calendar which represented the
time the universe has been in existence. If I remember
correctly, man existed for the last hour of Jan. 31st.
"Civilized" man existed for the last minute of the
last hour of Jan. 31st.

Makes you feel a little insignificant, eh?

P.S. - I must apologize again for my last post. I hit
reply without changing the subject. It should have
read re: meat and kinship