From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Dec 2007 16:38:59 +0000
On Dec 09, 2007, at 3:19 pm, Rundle wrote:

> Ashley,
>
> Have a look at the resource page for grass-fed meat [poultry, pork
> etc.] here -  http://www.seedsofhealth.co.uk/resources/meat/index.shtml

Thanks for the link

> IIRC you live somewhere in the west-country... I'm sure you'll be
> able to find farm-shops and farmers' markets in your area offering
> the kind of meat products you're looking for... also fruit and veg
> etc....

Almost, I live in Stoke which is a bit of a wasteland as far as food
goes.  I'm pretty sure 80% of the people here would happily live off
just oatcakes and cheese (well, for however long you could live off a
diet like that).

The nearest farms on that list are Fordhill in Market Drayton and
Lower Hurst in Buxton - but I don't fancy doing a weekly meat shop at
either.  I've bought mail-order from Lower Hurst before, but it was
VERY expensive.  Now I've got nothing against farmers earning a
living, but how much can it cost to let a cow wander round a field
eating grass for two years?

Right now it feels like organic meat farms are taking advantage of
their relative scarcity and promoting themselves to Marks & Spencers
shoppers (sorry, don't know how to translate that for US readers,
think opposite of Walmart).

Ashley