From:
Batsheva <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 2010 09:58:47 -0700
I thought coconut oil was high in saturated fat and highly heat stable for cooking, so that was the premise for my advice.

Is coconut butter/oil problematic?  I know many paleo eaters  include butter,  but I figure a hunter/gatherer would be more likely to beable to shake a coconut tree than milk a wild, nursing mammal...
I'd be concerned with cooking with lard, as most rendered pork is polyunsaturated.  Please correct me if I'm off base.

Thanks,
Batsheva