From:
Nachum Kaplan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 12:25:45 -0500
Hi all,

I'm new the the paleo diet and have just been reading through a whole lot
of earlier correspondence on this site and was intrigued to see an extended
debate of whether macadamia nuts were paleo food. One person had stopped
eating them on the grounds that they were unable to break them open with
just about anything, including a hammer, meaning that our ancestors
wouldn't have been able to eat them. Well, as an Australian who grew up
eating them, I can assure everybody that it is definitely possible to crack
these nuts open with a hammer or a rock or just about any other hard
object.I don't know why this person had trouble cracking them open. Sure,
you have to hit them hard but they most certainly can be opened this way.
So eat and enjoy.