From:
Mara Riley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 20:06:42 -0700
At 04:19 AM 7/26/97 -0700, you wrote:
>I find this very interesting! I think I have heard militant
>vegans claiming that meat is addictive, but naturally I didn't
>take it all that seriously.
(snip)
>Toby

(warning to guys who are easily grossed out: read no further)

Personally, I take craving for red meat to mean that my body REALLY
wants/needs iron.  Usually I get a craving for steak or liver about a week
before my period.  This is probably nature's way of keeping me from getting
anaemic.  I thought about thawing out some more liver or steak for
tonight's dinner, but the thought was absolutely unappealing to me, which
is probably an indication that I don't need any iron right now.

Meat isn't addictive, except in the sense that it's something your body
really needs!

I try to listen to my body.  I don't always obey its cravings, but at least
I listen!

Cheers,
Corbie
http://www.radix.net/~lindo
I am *NOT* a rabid feminist!  I had my shots last year.