From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 09:58:56 EST
If that's the case, how does one prevent the metabolism from dropping so much
that weightloss stops or hair loss begins?  Also, I also thought essential
fatty acids were "essential", but according to some of Ray Peat's essays,
they are in his opinion quite toxic.  I certainly have no intention of
drinking milk or eating dairy of any sort per his suggestions because I feel
so much better off them, but I am also wary of eating fruit and raw carrots
as he suggests because I'm concerned they may stall my fat loss.  Once I lose
about 5 more pounds, I may add a few low sugar berries, but carrots are so
high on the glycemic index that I'm worried they'll stall me.  Any thoughts?
I do like raw carrots and notice that a medium carrot only contains about 6
gms of carbs (same as a tomato), but yet they are restricted from most ultra
low carb diets because of their high glycemic index.  Any thoughts on this?
Also, does cooking a starchy vegetable like carrots make the carbs more or
less available or does it not matter?  I ask because Peat only mentions raw
carrots for hormone regulation.

Adrienne