From:
Belinda Lawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Aug 2009 06:59:26 -0700
On Aug 25, 2009, at 7:08 PM, Kim Kline wrote:

> You can buy a 5 gal. bucket of tallow at US Wellness.  I know
> several people
> that have used it to make pemmican and love the convenience and they
> like
> the taste of it.  Some people just warm it up in their dehydrator to
> liquify
> it when making their pemmican.  i've seen pictures and it looks
> really nice.

Ah, that sounds like the ticket!   If you didn't use the entire 5
gal., do you suppose that it would keep okay without being
refrigerated?  Apologies if that's a dumb question.

> The pemmican with cherries would not be considered zero carb.

Yes, good point.  I got some of both kinds, and I only got the cherry
kind as a "stepping stone" in case I couldn't stand the taste of the
ones without.  But frankly, the cherries and honey don't seem all that
necessary.  I like it fine without them.  So I'm planning on letting
my hubby eat the cherry ones and I was going to hog all the ones
without.  He isn't a believer in the zero carb thing yet, and so he's
not trying the experiment with me.  But he could still benefit from
the good pemmican nevertheless.  :-)

-Belinda