Date:
Fri, 29 May 2009 15:26:36 -0600
From: "Lynnet Bannion" <[log in to unmask]>

> There is a HUGE amount of propaganda  out there that eating meat in any
> form is a high risk factor for cancer, especially  breast cancer.  This
> test, with over 120,000 subjects, may help people who  are confused or on
> the fence on the subject.  Thanks, Kathryn.

You're welcome.  I agree that it's always good to see a large number of
participants who are studied over a long period of time.  It's also good
when the funding for the study is through a well respected, name
organization.

I am particularly happy to see more and more studies coming out with
positive conclusions regarding meat.  You may recall that I belong to a
breast cancer list on the Internet, which is mostly devoted to alternative
methods of dealing with breast cancer.  I have been on the list for nine
years and have had polite "discussions" with many vegetarians/vegans on the
list.  One of them even signs her name by including a line having something
to do with, "save the planet - go vegetarian."

Over the last nine years we have seen many women on the list pass away.  And
as time goes by, those of us who get most of our protein through organic
meat (as opposed to hard beans, dairy, etc.) still seem to be around.  Some
of the vegetarians/vegans who joined the list have been very vocal, with
almost a religious fervor, about their way of eating.  We meat eaters have
been rather quiet about our way of eating, but lately have begun to speak up
and talk about the need for meat and fat.

I have seen literally hundreds of women come on the list and tell their
story, including their diets before and after diagnosis.  We are not
archived, for reasons of privacy according to the list moderators, and any
information which I may share is purely anecdotal, I suppose.  That said, I
am becoming more and more convinced of the need for organic meat and fat to
give the body the strength it needs to fight cancer - among other things.

Kath (one 1.2cm lump in 2000 and no evidence of disease since then)