From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 17:51:44 -0800
>The nutritional supplement Artichoke extract has helped some people with
gall bladder
>problems; some have used this in the face of a gall bladder attack.  Check
out the
>research on this.  There are herbs which stimulate the flow of bile, others
which help to
>dissolve stones.
i can attest about that. when i eat artichoke ( raw ) i can litterrally feel
my liver singing. It feels so goooood , that i feel lighter and
satisfied,.All  the thisle family produce edible flower buds that are even
more powerful than the domesticated artichoke. Their seeds  and roots too
are edible. Thisles grow anywhere on disturbed sites are free but require
the willingness to  effort of a  hunter-gatherer to successfully reach your
stomach. I understand that buying the processed factory made artichoke
extract, sound easier but you don't know what you miss in this short cut.
Dandelion is an other potent liver pleaser, so are in generall bitter
plants.

jean-claude