From:
"Paula H." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2007 13:09:48 -0400
I agree with those who have stated until we have research on a diet without
all the processed foods and grains I don't think we will have a definitive
answer.

I am reading a book entitled "The Cancer Recovery Plan" by Dr. D. Barry
Boyd, founder of the Integrative Oncology program at Greenwich Hospital, a
member of the Yale New Haven Health System.  He provides a lot of footnotes.

Here are a few quotes from the book:

p.5 "In early 2003, the American Cancer Society published their nearly
twenty-year study of more than 900,000 men and women, one of the largest and
longest-duration studies of its kind, which demonstrated a significant
increase in death from almost all cancers in people who are overweight or
obese.  An unexpectedly broad spectrum of cancers is involved, ..."

My comment: Meat consumption in the absence of grains and sugars and
highly;y processed foods does not cause obesity.

p. 19 "...we fail to recognize the biochemical response in the endocrine
system, clearly of greater importance in protecting patients against the
progression of cancer.  Despite hundreds of scientific studies linking
insulin to cancer's cause and progression, remarkably few doctors have yet
to appreciate this connection."

He believes that insulin is much more important than the immune system in
cancer prevention and fighting.  He mentions the paleo way of eating.  He
does not take as bold of a stand as I would like concerning the best way to
eat, but he advocates a large step in the right direction.  Also, he
definitely fingers insulin response as a major cancer culprit.

Paula H.