From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2007 10:02:03 EDT

In a message dated 8/14/2007 8:57:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Hi All,

Anybody here dealt with MS and has seen results with a Paleo diet/lifestyle?
I have an acquaintance who was just diagnosed with MS. She wants to control
it with diet and exercise but I am not sure what type of diet her doctor is
recommending. Thought I would check here and see if anybody has seen
positive results with Paleo considering MS.

TIA,

I don't know about paleo specifically being of help, but I do know that low
carb high fat moderate protein may help.  There is some info on this at Barry
Groves' website.  Here's a link _Multiple Sclerosis: Information - Second
Opinions_ (http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/ms.html)  and he has a quote from Dr.
Wolfgang Lutz who also has used such a diet with success in MS patients.  Ditto
for Dr. Jan Kwasniewski -- Polish doctor who uses an extremely high fat, low
carb, limited protein regime -- we're talking around 80% fat.    Good luck to
your friend.  I believe that while she may not be able to undo damage, she may
very well be able to slow the progression or arrest the progression of her
disease.