From:
Mary French <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 19:35:35 -0800
It is ever!!!!! All the driving around in the car...
Jean-Claude, I am astonished and admire your
efforts to nurture a piece of land as a
foood-bearing habitat for both humans and

animals.  I would like to hear more about
that.  On a smaller scale, I notice that you and
several others have a good bit of

knowledge about wild foods, especially greens.  I
am thinking of converting an unused flower bed in my yard into a patch of

wild edibles, just seeding it with dandelions and
other stuff and letting it go.  Any insight into this would be helpful --

what plants to use, etc.  Dandelion greens by the
way are sold at my local grocery store for nearly $2 a bundle; ironic

considering what people spend/do to get the stuff NOT to grow in their lawns!
Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

The north american way of living is IMO the most inneficient way of living
that i have seen despite its apparent superficial efficienty.It require in
fact a tremendous waste of energy , most of it as we know is of material
origin but there is also lot of living beings and humans energies that
get wasted .