From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 19:50:02 -0700
Sheryl Canter wrote:

> I have a degree in counseling, and I ran workshops based on these principles
> years ago when I was doing my practicum at the NYU Counseling Center.  I
> ended up going into a different field, but I'm thinking about getting
> licensed as a therapist in the state where I'm currently living and offering
> these groups again.  I have used these principles off and on for 20 years and
> I know they work, but then I "forget" and get off track again.  My compulsive
> eating is much better now.  At one point I'd say 90-100% of my eating was
> compulsive--eating when I wasn't hungry.  At this point, it's reversed--I
> almost always eating out of physical hunger.

I've read the Diets Don't Work book, as well as another on the same
topic, "Thin Within" by Judy Wardell.

And recently I've been attending a class by Lucy Beale Partridge based on
the same principles.  She has a website:  http://www.lucybeale.com
that people might find interesting.  At one point, explaining hypoglycemia,
she said that people with this problem need to eat more animal protein
and FAT!  I thought the other people in the class were going to fall off their
chairs from shock!  LOL!  Here is a woman in her 50s, with hypoglycemia and
hyperinsulinemia, and she looks really good: not emaciated but strong and
slim and healthy.  I told her about Neanderthin.  She's eating pretty close to
Paleo
already.  In the course of the classes I found some unsuspected emotional baggage
from my past that has been causing trouble for me in trying to lose weight.

    Lynnet