From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 21:46:42 +0200
At 16:30 2000-04-17 +0900, Barbara wrote:
>Does anyone know whether there are any sardines sold in Australia that are
>still packed in steel cans? All the ones I've seen lately seem to be in
>aluminium, which I'd prefer to avoid.

Search the Paleodiet list archive for a post from Loren Cordain on aluminum.
The aluminium in cans and pans can probably not do any harm because of the
compounds it comes in. The dangerous aluminium compounds come from
hardened vegetable fats (shortenings and margarine) that you do not eat
anyway on a paleodiet.

- Hans