From:
Cheyenne Loon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 14:31:48 -0700
I was thinking some more about this.  Preparing organ meats is often a
time-consuming process, requiring patience and some knowledge of
anatomy.
I'm remembering my aunt preparing goose intestine, for example, which
has to be cut open along its length with a sharp knife, carefully
cleaned, and boiled. Or the liver, which requires that you locate and
scrape away the gall bladder.  Cleaning an animal and identifying and
separating out the good bits is more complicated, and frankly, can be
rather smelly and bloody.

With the Crees of northern Quebec, it's pretty obvious how the more
modernized families have abandoned eating organ meats in wild game, in
comparison with the more traditional-oriented.  As our culture has
become more modernized, it's much easier to just yank out the whole
gut, toss it in the garbage, and be done with it.

personally i love organ meats and always have. Favourites include
heart
and tongue.

Cheyenne