From:
Thomas Seay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 12:39:56 -0700
<<Perhaps the rest of us on this list just don't
> have
> the powers you do to read between the lines, but I,
> personally, still don't see how you can derive at
> the
> conclusion that the original post, or most of the
> replies to the original are advocating fanaticism>>

Jane, perhaps in addition to not being able to read between the lines,
do not know how to read at all (full stop).  I explained myself clearly
in my first letter
on this subject.  Rachel (and others of her ilk) who not only rigidly
follow a paleo, diet but force their children to do the same, are nut
cases.  People who have serious allergies are a case apart, however
anyone who deprives himself and his children from ever eating
non-paleo foods in social situations is depriving himself of pleasure
and from an important aspect of social interaction.  Read Paul Sand's
post...it is quite good and, I dont need to repeat it here.

Quite frankly if you lack the insight to see that
you are a) either very young and have your head up your butt or b)
autistic or c) not got the aptitude to be a good psychologist or d) are
one of those nutcases that becomes a psychologist in order to figure
your "stuff"
out or e) a combination of the aforementioned.

In any of these cases, I would not care to be a subject for your
thesis.

Let me be clear in stating that I eat a paleo-diet...I have eaten this
way or similarly for a few years now.  I am not anti-paleo, just
anti-fanatic.

By the way, I am enjoying my life immensely.  In truth,
I find fanatics to be amusing and they provide me with a great source
of entertainment.

Ok, on the way out the door now.  A friend has invited me to an Italian
restaurant for lunch.  gonna have a nice bowl of pasta and maybe
tiramisu for dessert
(yum)!

-Thomas

===