From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 13:00:09 -0700
> From:    Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: PETA and the Packers
>
> More PETA shenanigans....
>
> http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2000/0626/605330.html

Hmmmm. Let's see - the "vermin huggers" are offended
about the name "Packers" because it represents part of
the meat industry. But, I know some "vegetable
packers" - wouldn't they be offended if Green Bay did
change the name?

So, this month (so far), I've heard PETA complain
about catch-and-release fishing; the rat-eating
"Survivors" tv show; killing mosquitos (really! They
think there must be a more "humane" way of controlling
them other than spraying), and now this. Plus, last
week they won a lawsuit relating to the peta.org
trademark infringement (The former "People Eating
Tasty Animals" site). Anybody else got a good June
PETA story I missed?