From:
Ben Balzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 16:34:55 +1100
> I don't understand the reasonning here. If the risk of an alternative
> treatment ( like olive oil for ex.) to surgery is ending up in surgery
> anyway, what is the difference.?
> At least you have chances to pass those stones without  the surgery
because
> i heard account of peoples having  success with getting rid of stones.

Often the gallbladder is already peramanently scarred(especially if there
have been painful attacks) and diseased and will be unable to contract, or
if it did will still get infected.  The alternative is not safe and is
painful.
If someone has something broken, it cannot always be fixed.
I like your logic, but sometimes, reason must give way to experience.
If one were to adopt a natural therapy, why expel the spone in a violent
exorcism- let it slowly dissolve away- after all, if your diet cannot
achieve that, then the stones will only reform after expulsion. If one will
not change the diet for life, the stones will recur- one may as well submit
to the scalpel- which is much easier these days because of keyhole surgery.
The best diet is still only a guess.