From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 May 2003 23:22:14 -0700
At 16:11 5/23/03, Michelle Hale wrote:
>I almost forgot to mention that my husband and I have been trying for almost
>one year with no success.  I am hoping that the paleo diet will help
>increase our chances, though I'm only 50% of the equation, with my husband
>refusing to eat healthy.

Well, start telling your hubby that first of all you want a healthy kid,
and second, that if he keeps on as he's doing, he won't live to see him
graduate from high school. I'm being a bit harsh here, but I wouldn't want
to bring a kid into the world with the health issues you had mentioned as a
possibility. Much better, perhaps, to stall around a bit more and give him
a better start. As more and more generations have bad diet, some of the
problems it causes become hereditary. But if the parents then eat
healthily, as soon as the next generation many problems become less likely.
Besides, having parents set good examples will make it easier to give your
child a sense of how to choose well. Because of our artifices, we are the
only species ever to be presented with bad choices in diet; all others may
eat instinctively, but we have lost that right.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!