From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Apr 2007 07:48:05 EDT

In a message dated 4/20/2007 6:53:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Started eating
paleo, or as close as I can get to it -- not perfect, this past fall.  This
week I had my annual thyroid test and the thyroid dosage is, for the first
time ever, going down!  I will have to be retested in 45 days to make sure.
Is this diet related or coincidence?

I would say definitely thyroid related.  Many thyroid patients cannot do well
eating grains -- especially wheat -- that is the worst.  Disturbed
carbohydrate metabolism is a hallmark of hypothyroidism.  I recommend Hypothyroid: the
Unsuspected Illness by Broda Barnes for an extensive discussion on properly
implemented controlled carbohydrate diet for hypothyroids.