From:
Justin Hasselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 13:03:39 CST
> >Robyn (MS anthropology, University of Chicago, 1979)
>
>Please don't go throwing your title around. It's in bad taste,
>pretentious, and weakens your overall argument.

I agree with this.  The only thing that your degree proves is that you've
played the game of the educational system.  If truly wanted an education (as
opposed to prestige or social status), you would have invested in a public
library card (about $1), instead of the thousands of $$ you dropped for your
degree.  And nothing against degrees (I'm working on my BS myself), but quit
boasting about it.  This also goes for the other 'experts' who insist on
posting their 'Dr' or whatever on their posts.  I'm glad that someone else
mentioned this b/c I thought I was the only one that it was annoying.

Bring on the flames,
Justin Hasselman