From:
Tad Glines <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 2004 13:28:21 -0400
> Ashley Moran wrote:
> Subject: Water
>
> I was just wondering what everyone's views on water (or fluid in
> general) consumption is.
>
>  From a paleo point of view, I imagine the body is well-designed to cope
> with short dry spells.  Since I started paleo I get the feeling that my
> body manages water much better and I feel a lot less thirsty.  I don't
> know if this is because of carb reduction?

I too seem to have a week/small bladder. I've also noticed that when I eat
paleo I am a lot less thirsty. I stopped drinking everything but water about
5 years ago (before going paleo). I got into the habit of having a glass or
bottle of water with me all the time so I could drink it whenever I felt
thirsty. Before I went paleo I used to drink between 8 and 16 ounces of
water with every meal. When I eat paleo I only drink 16 to 24 ounces or
water per day.

I think the best approach is to drink instinctively. If your thirsty drink,
if your not don't. Let your body decide when you need fluid.

-Tad