From:
Katy & Ron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 06:29:47 -0600
I personally boycott veal just for the reasons you said.  But when you get into
actual farm/ranching country you also find a lot of small growers who just keep
the calves in small pens where they can move around.  They're kept  very clean
and the children usually come sing to them and play with them and the animals
are generally happy.    Only one or two at a time are raised this way for the
growers own freezer. That scenario is different from veal raised for commercial
markets.
Katy