From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Nov 2012 23:44:49 +0000
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neanderthal_extinction_hypotheses#Interbreeding

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denisova_hominin#Interbreeding_with_modern_humans

http://www.ts-si.org/biology/30943-modern-humans-interbred-with-archaic-hominids-before-leaving-africa

The above genetic inheritance is, I suspect,  just a  tip of the iceberg. One of the two main tenets of the Out-of-Africa hypothesis has always been that modern humans could not possibly have ever interbred with other hominids, so this one half of the theory has now been pretty much debunked.I always suspected the OA theory was dead wrong after increased evidence came up, decades ago, that Neanderthals, Homo Erectus et al had a far more complicated culture than previously thought. Yet, the OA theory liked to portray those hominids as just being dumb brutes by contrast to modern humans.

Geoff