From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 07:53:47 -0500
Re cellulose, recent evidence suggests that we utilize quite a bit of it
through secondary fermentation in the small intestine and even the bowel,
perhaps as much as 15 or 20% if I recall correctly...

Good question re amylase...one answer perhaps is to encourage us to eat
tubers loaded with starch...could the enzyme make starchy things sweeter to
the taste and therefore more palatable?

--Richard