From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 18:11:28 -0500
I have had great success on a lower carb paleo diet these past 7 months in
terms of weight loss, improved lipid profile and energy.  I eat no grains
or dairy whatsoever and do not nor have any desire to cheat.  My only
complaint is that my hair has really been shedding at an alarming rate over
the last 4 months.  I keep wondering if there is something missing in the
diet. PS:  My thyroid and hormones are normal -- physically I really feel
fantastic with tremendous energy.  I understand that any drastic dietary
change could cause hair loss -- but I would not expect this to last so
long -- 4 months.  I do not restrict calories or fat.  I eat mainly
sardines, buffalo, ostrich, canned tuna, salmon, crab, organic eggs,chicken
and beef, tons of non-starchy vegetables, ground flaxseeds, olive oil, some
nuts, green tea, occasional sweet potato, tons of water and 1-2 servings of
lower sugar fruit per day ie berries, plum.  Any thoughts would be most
appreciated.