From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 2005 08:46:55 -0600
On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 00:02:17 -0600, Debby Padilla-Hudson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> What type of stuff do you typically eat?  For that
> matter, how about everyone else on the list?

Eggs, chicken breast, grass-fed beef, buffalo, fish, nuts, and pretty much everything from the produce aisle at the grocery store that isn't a potato or a bean.  A little olive oil and spices and that pretty much covers it.

> How do you stick to Paleo in difficult situations?

Depends on the situation.  At work, I bring a lunch (several, actually, as I eat every three hours or so).  When we go out, I pick dishes that are made from compatible ingredients.  I avoid anything fried, breaded, or covered in cheese.  I'm also wary of sauces and what might be in them.  Usually you can get veggies instead of a potato if you ask, so it's really not that difficult.

> Do you ever cheat?

Not yet.  Haven't had a need or desire to.  But Ive only been eating paleo about 6 weeks, so who knows.  I have been eating pretty clean for several years, though.  (The odd thing about the paleo diet is that I don't miss or crave the grains.  If anything, I find myself craving nuts.)

--
   Robert Kesterson