From:
Eva Hedin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 17:36:23 +0200
> Are there any foods that provide high levels of vitamin D?  Am I right
> in saying that fish, liver and eggs are a source?
>
> Ashley

3,5 ounces of cooked salmon contains 360 IU
3,5 ounces of cooked mackarel contains 345 IU
3 ounces of canned tuna in oil contains 200 IU
3,5 ounces of cooked liver of beef contains 15 IU
one egg contains 20 IU

I have no figures for heering but I guess it must be pretty close to salmon
and mackerel. Salmon and heering must have been the live savers of the
Swedes in the good old days. Fat fishes had an important part in Swedish
cooking as had the destilled liquids that went with it.
Cheers to you all
Eva