From:
Brenda Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jun 2005 09:53:37 -0700
....Soooo....would someone kindly tell me how in the heck to get to the
actual site so I can do a little reading about the basic premise of
this way of life?? Just from reading some of the latest posts, I guess
I'm somewhat on the right track anyway, ie doing more snacking than
meal-eating, and mostly eating meats and veggies (although I still love
my bread and mashed potatoes!!), but I would like to develop a better
understanding at this point.
> Thanks so much.
>
> Love,
>
> Bren

Hi, Bren! I'll leave the links to someone else; I haven't a clue. But
I should think your perspective and experience would fit right in with
this "women's discussion" we've been having. I can tell you, though,
you're gonna have to forgo that bread and potatoes eventually, except
for the cheats....

***** Actually, I think I'm pretty close to the "cheat level"!!!  My hubby doesn't like bread at all, and only eats it when he needs it to hold a sandwich together!!!  He is the most Paleo person I know, preferring meat and raw veggies over everything else.  (Except he's a lover of those mashed potatoes, too!!!)  So it wouldn't be too much of a stretch here.  Although, if I tell him the way he eats now is one of "my weird, new and kooky ideas", he'll roll his eyes, like he still sometimes does about rawfeeding the dogs, hehe.  I think of you practically every time I'm cutting up the raw chicken for the yorkies!!!  I still can't bring myself to try it, but I always remember our first conversation about the texture of the raw chicken!!!  I HAVE been "sneaky-pete-ing" and cooking our food a bit less and less over time, and hubby hasn't complained yet!!  I don't have the weight issues that have been discussed here, but I believe that's partially connected to indulging in the wine a bit
 more than I should!!!  But also, I haven't had the weight issue since starting the "snacking rather than full meals" thing.  My mostly-naturopathic doctor at the time started me on the hypoglycemic diet, which consisted of mostly proteins and eating every two hours, which about killed me at the time!!  I'm not on it anymore, obviously, but this was about twelve years ago, right before I got married, and I remember dropping close to 20 lbs. over a two week period.  My best friend designed and made my gown, and then was tailoring it to fit perfectly (she lives in another state) when she got here.  After 5 or 6 times of having to take it in, she poked me in the butt with a straight pin, hehehe.  But once a person gets used to nibbling throughout the day, it's no longer a PITA!!!  (Literally, in this situation, I guess!!!)    Although, as has also been discussed here, it can be a bit of a social problem.  A friend of ours invited us over for a lovely dinner of shrimp cocktail, salad,
 HUGE steaks, etc.  We barely put a dent in each course, and I could tell he was offended, the poor guy.

It's funny, but I can remember exactly what every former "comfort food"
or restaurant meal tastes like, and enjoy the memory without ever
wanting to actually eat it. In fact, I feel a bit of revulsion thinking
about certain dishes, like pastas. The taste feels good to think about,
but I can't imagine putting noodles in my mouth. I occasionally have
dreams in which I find myself eating something I don't include in my
diet, and I always wake up in a start.

ginny

**** Well, that makes sense to me!!  Being a very visual person myself, along with the sense of smell, I can understand and relate to that!!!  I can still easily put noodles in my mouth, lol, but I can totally understand what you're saying!!  It's really good to "see" you again, Ginny!!  I wasn't sure if you were mad at me or what, but that's not on topic here!!!

Love,

Bren

Yahoo! Sports