From:
JJ Lennon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 12:45:19 -0800
Hi,
I am new at posting here but have been lurking for a few months. But I
had to lend a hand here-
I have Yahoo mail and can set up filters for email to sort mail to
different folders. I set up the following filters to move suspect junk
to a JUNK folder:
1. messages with 'paleofood' in the return address to a PALEO folder
2. messages with 'climbne' (a rock climbing group) in the return
address to a CLIMB folder
2. remaining messages with a ! in the subject to JUNK
3. remaining messages with a $ in the subject to JUNK
4. remaining messages with 'you' in the subject to JUNK
5. remaining messages with a ' - ' in the subject to JUNK
6. remaining messages with 'subscribe' in the body to JUNK
7. The rest goes to the Inbox
If I could send messages with subjects IN ALL CAPITALS to JUNK I would.

Filtering out work addresses, school addresses, and email groups
*first* avoids sending the wrong messages to the JUNK folder. This has
worked to filter out 80% of the junk and only an occassional
semi-important message does get sent to the JUNK folder. I hear it is
easier to set up filters in PC-based programs like MS Outlook.

Regarding canned fish: I know that the nutritional value of canned fish
(tuna, salmon, mackeral, sardines), even if it is only packed with
water and salt, is less than fresh fish. The question I have is how
much worse is the canned fish?? If you had a scale of 1 to 10 with
freshly caught raw fish at one end (as the ideal) and a McD's
Filet-O-Fish at the other (worst case scenario), where does canned fish
fall? I work fairly long hours and there is no microwave,
refridgerator, or oven at work, and no decent grocery store within 5
miles of work. As such I eat a lot of canned fish and vegetables.
Thanks so much - JJ