Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 00:01:00 -0700
Since  I am too "Paleo" Minded  to re-type the  thread  it
is BRIEFLY  COPIED BELOW;
> >In Jean Auel's book, the potential loss of fat was dealt
with in some cases
> >by cooking the animal, such as rabbit, with the skin on.
.

information from paleo anthropologists that suggests that
people
> >may have rendered the animal fat in leather sacks hung
over the fire >

NOW:

It seems to me:   That anyone who speculates in this manner
has never hunted,  skinned, butchered  or cooked a rabbit or
deer.

May I suggest that you try it.  You will find that the FAT
in a wild animal is not in the muscle meat like in a "Chuck
Steak"  or  "Rib Roast".   Before winter wild animals build
up a  large  reserve of fat to help them through the winter.
But it is not in the places where it is on domestic animals.

Now I would like to read  on this list  why it need not be
rendered  by some one who has hunted himself!

Regards,   Lorenzo