Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 10:34:46 -0500
<<Especially not satisfied since recent studies of Aussie Aborigines
returning
to the bush have shown them to be eating diets providing 50 to 80 percent of
calories from protein for five or more weeks, with no apparent ill effects;
in fact the authors of the study stated:

"The three most striking metabolic changes that occurred in this study,
namely the reductions in fasting glucose, insulin, and triglyceride
concentrations to normal or near-normal levels, were certainly
interrelated.">>

*  This is anecdotal, but I've observed a number of people do the Atkins
diet the old way (all protein in the beginning) with seemingly no ill
effects.  Personally, I find that I don't feel well even on one day of
protein only.  I lack energy and find it difficult to think.

<<The rabbit starvation thing is also ambiguous and anecdotal.  Rabbits
don't
provide many calories, so rabbit starvation might be nothing other than
hunger from inadequate food/calories.   Starvation usually also leads to
death within a few months, you know, regardless of whether the individual is
starving on meager portions of rabbit, or meager portions of potatoes.>>

*  This makes a lot of sense.

.
<<Seems kind of generous to me.  Provided that the people eat about 2000
calories per day, that would be 45% of calories from animal fat alone.
Perhaps this is why as Weston Price observed, natives who hunted ungulates
often ate all the organ meats, marrow, etc. but left the muscle meats to the
dogs.>>

 *  Interesting...my dog and cats get all the muscle meat from my meat.

Siobhan